The British Deputy High Commission in Lagos has a vacancy in the UK
Trade & Investment Section:
POSITION: BAND LE II – TRADE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
UK Trade & Investment is the British government department that helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy and assists overseas companies to bring their high-quality investment to the UK. UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), Nigeria, in furtherance of this objective now seeks a Trade Development Manager to join the team. The jobholder will assist the Deputy Director of Trade and UKTI’s London headquarters in achieving UKTI Nigeria’s Corporate Performance Targets.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The main purpose of the job is:
To lead on research and report writing for the oil and gas sector, monitor team work-streams with a particular focus on team target delivery. These functions shall include:-
• Delivering against UKTI’s corporate targets in the oil and gas and other covered sectors.
• Co-ordinating and managing oil and gas and other covered sectors’ events in relation to British trade delegations and identifying potential local partners.
• Maintaining and developing a local network of contacts.
• Marketing UKTI’s services.
• Producing management information reports for review by the team and UKTI headquarters.
• Assessing the quality and quantity of data entered onto the UKTI Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database, ensuring staff awareness, and implementing guidance on best practice as it issues from London headquarters.
• Report back to the teams at the weekly meeting on UKTI Nigeria’s performance against corporate targets.
• Taking forward UKTI Nigeria’s due diligence programme.
• Assisting the Deputy Director of Trade in forward planning and preparations for the team’s quarterly performance review
The successful applicant will be educated to first degree level as a minimum.. He/she must be a self-starter and have proven service delivery and target driven experience, preferably in the commercial world. He/she must have sound knowledge of the local business environment / practices and excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills. In addition, he/she should have experience in people management and demonstrate strong IT skills. Knowledge of the oil and gas sector would be desirable, and the applicant should be a strong team player, who is flexible.
This is a fixed term 12month renewable contract. Working hours 0730 – 1530 Monday to Thursday and 0730 -1230 on Friday. Flexible working options are available. The job will be graded LEII with a starting monthly salary of N329,656 including allowances. Non residents will be subject to a 10 % notional tax deduction on the basic salary.
Interviews will take place during the w/c 4 July 2011 and will be based on competencies required for the role.
All those interested in applying should hand write a succinct (2 pages maximum) letter outlining how your skills and background fit the job on offer and attach a comprehensive CV (which includes contact phone number) to the following address:
British Deputy High Commission
Deadline for Applications: Friday 24 June 2011
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered. Telephone applications and enquiries will not be accepted. Only applicants called for interview will be contacted.