CHIEF OF PARTY, NIGERIA TEACHER EDUCATION
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 2,800 provides research and technical
expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services.
RTI is recruiting a qualified development professional to serve as Chief of Party for a forthcoming USAID Teacher Education program in Nigeria. Based in Abuja, the Chief of Party will:
* Be responsible for overall technical direction and management of the program;
* Provide technical leadership and quality assurance in the design, delivery and evaluation of all technical assistance and capacity building activities;
* Provide direct managerial oversight to all staff and consultants working on this program and for all program operations; and,
* Provide technical assistance to counterparts and clients, as required. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate skills, expertise and experience in the following areas:
* Senior-level USAID project management experience;
* Teacher professional development;
* Education policy, planning and management;
* Monitoring and evaluation; and,
* Project financial management and administration. Experience in girls’ education and scholarship programs, early childhood education, and/or ICT in education desired. Additional Requirements
* Masters and 12 years relevant sector and management experience, including five years overseas experience, as a USAID Chief of Party or senior program manager on large scale education development programs, preferably in the Sub-Saharan region.
* Advanced degree in education, or related field.
* Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to manage and motivate international and local staff and teams.
* Demonstrated skill implementing large-scale teacher training programs.
* Knowledge of USAID project management policies, procedures and reporting requirements.
* Fluency in English.
* Experience in Nigeria is an asset.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Specific information regarding the laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be located at the employment portal www.rti.org/jobs
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program, for specific information on this program please visit our employment portal at www.rti.org/jobs
DUE DATE: 01 September 2012