Africare is a US-based NGO established in 1970, with projects in Nigeria since 1978. Africare currently has programs in 19 African countries, focusing on design and delivery of technical, training, service delivery and .systems strengthening in the areas of health and HIV/AIDS, food security, natural resource management, water resource development, microenterprise development, civil society strengthening and good governance.
The Promoting Initiative for Malaria Eradication (PRIME) project in Nigeria is a multi-year project in six states in the Niger Delta region, PRIME contributes to rapid and sustained scale-up of malaria control interventions for high impact. Project activities focus on increasing prompt and effective treatment of malaria using ACTs, scale-up of parasitological diagnosis of malaria; health systems strengthening for malaria prevention, treatment and control. The project works with private sector health services providers to ensure proper management and utilization of malaria drugs, test kits, and other commodities.
POSITION: STATE PROJECT OFFICER (Rivers, Cross River, and Delta State)
· Provides program, administrative and logistical oversight of the project in the focus state under the supervision of the Project Director.
· Oversees collation/analysis of data, and provides timely reporting on project activities. Ensures data tools and MIS systems in place in all project sites and that all reports accurate and submitted on time.
QUALIFICATIONS: The applicant must possess the followings
1. Bachelors Degree in Medical Sciences, Social Sciences, Arts, Management, Humanities or equivalent, with relevant experience.
2. Strong skills in data management and analysis, including experience with collection of primary data,.
3. At least 2-4 years experience in developing, implementing and reporting for community health programs, preferably with an international organization, local organizations, or health facility.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with the private sector, small business owners, community groups, government agencies, civil society groups, health institutions and trade unions.
5. Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with proficiency (reading, writing, speaking and comprehension] in English.
6. Proficiency in computer application (word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation packages and internet applications) highly desirable.
7. Must be available to travel often and carry out any other duties required to meet project targets.
POSITION: DRIVER (Rivers, Cross River, and Delta State)
Drive project vehicle in a professional manner ensuring safety of staff. Inspect vehicles daily to ensure they are safe to drive and make recommendations for needed repairs, Monitor the servicing of the vehicle and report all repair needs. Clean the vehicle; check oil, water and carryout other minor maintenance on a daily basis. Keep record of the vehicle movement and mileage readings Assist in courier and other errands. Make pick-ups and deliveries as needed and attend to other project related requirements,
· Minimum of Secondary School Certificate. At least 3 years driving experience with a company, government agency, or organization.
· Possession of current Nigeria Driver’s license. Excellent day and night vision, Knowledge of Nigeria/Niger Delta road network.
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Nigeria safe driving rules; signs and regulations.
· Demonstrated knowledge and skills on safe driving techniques. Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance and repair. Ability to read and write simple English
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Applicants should submit applications to email@example.com not later than 5:00pm, Monday, June 13, 2011- No calls or direct emails to staff will not be accepted. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.