UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CO., LLC.
POSITION TITLE: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
LOCATION: ABUJA, NIGERIA
The Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) will design, implement and supervise adherence to financial policy, budgets and internal control measures for the Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project in Nigeria. This position will oversee the overall administrative and financial management function, produce timely financial reports, lead the preparation of budgets, and ensure compliance with USAID and URC regulations regarding accounting, auditing and financial management requirements. In addition, the FAO will be responsible for the in-country accounting procedures at all levels of the project: headquarters, provincial/area, and division. www.nigerianbestforum.com He will ensure transparent financial transactions are allocable, allowable, and reasonable.
1. Financial Duties
- The FAO will ensure the production of the financial reports such as the field reports, timesheets, expenditures reports and travel expense statements for staff and consultants
- The FAO will monitor the project budget as well as help with the establishment and running of an accounting system
- Ensure the accurate and timely submission of monthly projection to URC/Bethesda-Home Office as well as the timely submission of all Financial reports and billings including the Financial field report (project must adhere to USAID/URC regulations)
- Ensure proper expenditure tracking and work to develop program appropriate expenditure tracking systems in line with budgets and project activities
- Assist with the development of financial policies including travel and per diem, procurement and commodity management policies that comply with USAID/URC and federal Government of Nigeria regulations
The FAO needs to ensure that the office is organized (e.g, clean officer environment, respond to all business inquires, handle procurement of goods and services).
Ensure proper staff recruitment and selction
Develop travel processes and procedures that adhere to the overall URC HCI travel policy.
Coordinate all travel, including ensureing proper authorization, bookings, car log and driver logs
Maintain a proper log of all incoming and out going correspondence as well as central filing systems that includes reports, correspondence, contracts etc…
NOTICE: The present job description can be adjusted to meet the needs of URS/HCI (including the possibility of traveling to assist the QI Advisor with OVC activities).
Bachelor level degree in business administration , finance, enconomy or 5 years of related work experience
1-2 years experience with USAID or other government-funded project administration management, supervision activity requires
Excellent financial management, systems development and writing skills
Experience with QuickBooks accounting software highly preferred
Proficiency in spoken and written English
Track record of being able to work successfully in a team environment.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: Application are required in English. Deadline is June 17th n2011. Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.