VACANCY TITLE: PROGRAMME OFFICER- SPECIAL PROJECTS
DEPARTMENT: Oando Foundation
DATE PUBLISHED May 31, 2011
Oando Foundation is currently seeking a Programme Officer (Special Projects) to assist with the design and implementation of the Oando Foundation’s programmes and projects.
(Note: All candidates with less than 3 years post NYSC will be required to pass an aptitude test before they can be considered for interview)
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participant in Oando Foundation strategy development must be able to:
- Assist with the design and implementation of the Foundations special programmes and projects.
- Assist with required research and analysis to conduct needs assessment of Oando’s CSR target audiences in Oando Foundation’s focus areas.
- Assist with the selection of technical partners to develop detailed development programmes.
- Assist in the sourcing/identification and evaluation of potential projects and partners.
- Assist with the preparation of Request for Proposals RFPs and design response specification documents for projects.
- Evaluate and recommend successful partners to the Programme Manager based on pre-defined selection criteria.
- Assist with the preparation of required contractual documents with implementing partners.
- Assist Programme Manager to develop and agree work plans and feedback/reporting formats and requirements.
- Monitor implementation of agreed work plan by project partners.
- Provide input into the development of the programme’s budget.
- Monitor budget performance of projects.
- Liaise with M&E Officer to verify milestone achievements by partners and recommend agreed disbursements Programme Manager.
- Prepare and communicate progress report to the Programme Manager and escalate issues beyond own capacity.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Programme Manager.
REQUIREMENTS: The followings are the requirements for the above post.
· A first degree in any social science discipline from an accredited university.
· Two (2) years work experience in the development and coordination of projects/ programmes in the non-profit or development sector.
· Good understanding of major players/partners in the development sector at the federal, state and local level.
· Good resource planning and utilization skills.
· Ability to think strategically and holistically.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Good planning and organization skills.
· Result oriented/quality focused disposition.
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
· Ability to proactively provide feedback.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Strong motivational and team building skills.
CLICKHERE to apply